Staples Recycling is a recycling program that helps Staples stores ensure they only generate one-time-use materials in their products, better conserve natural resources, reduce their carbon footprint, and save money.
Through the Staples Recycle Program, Staples team members collect multiple recyclables, including certified paper, plastic film, metal cans, and bottles.
Customers also have an opportunity to divert their materials away from landfills by taking reusable containers home with them.
Participating in The Staples Recycle Program allows you to do your part in keeping the environment clean, green, and beautiful.
What Is the Staples Recycle Program?
Staples offers a recycling program that helps you eliminate your unwanted Staples products.
Recycling is a great way to reduce the amount of trash going into landfills, minimize the amount of waste being sent to incinerators, and help keep our environment clean.
It’s also a great way to save money on paper products by eliminating unnecessary packaging and other materials used in manufacturing.
Staples’ recycling program helps you recycle everything from Canon and Brother ink cartridges to paper clips and staples.
You can drop off your recyclable items at any Staples store or online through Staples’ Online Recycling Center (O.R.C.).
Staples is committed to protecting the environment and reducing waste wherever possible.
This commitment has led to Staples’ success in recycling over 50 percent of the material it uses in its packaging.
In addition, Staples will be using recycled paper for future product development and packaging materials for new product launches.
How Does the Program Work?
The Staples Recycle Program is a national initiative that helps companies reduce the amount of waste they generate while also providing an opportunity to recycle and repurpose materials.
How does it work?
The Staples Recycle Program is simple.
All you need to do is bring your old office supplies back to any of our stores, where we will recycle them for free.
We even give you a gift card.
The program offers a variety of services and benefits to help you reduce waste, including:
- A recycling guide that provides information on how to get started with your recycling program
- .Free drop-off points at Staples retail stores
- A packaged materials recycling option for customers who don’t have access to curbside pickup or don’t have time to do it themselves
The Staples Recycle Program is an easy and convenient way to recycle your used printer ink.
They will collect your used printer ink in our recycling bins at the front of every Staples store.
The program also includes a 100% money-back guarantee, so if you are unsatisfied with our service, return your empty cartridge to us, and we will refund your purchase price.
What Items Are Accepted in the Program?
Staples offers a wide range of recycling services that help reduce the amount of waste your business produces.
The Recycling Program includes the following:
- Paper recycling: The paper used in your office can be recycled in our shredding and pulping machines, which turn it into a high-quality recycled product. This process ensures that all the valuable materials are recovered from paper and turned into new products, including paper products such as newsprint and corrugated cardboard.
- Paper packaging: Staples helps you recycle your old packaging by offering drop-off locations for cardboard and paper goods at hundreds of stores across the country. All types of packaging are accepted, from plastic bottles to cardboard boxes. We also offer a free pickup service for damaged or obsolete items at participating stores.
- Cardboard boxes: Staples will recycle all types of cardboard boxes you bring in for recycling, including shipping boxes and other packaging materials. All cardboard boxes are accepted nationwide at participating stores and post offices.
The Benefits of Recycling With Staples
Recycling is separating materials at the source and sending them to be reused or recycled. The benefits of recycling with Staples are that the make it so easy to recycle with their program.
As a National Association for Automatic Identification and Data Systems (NAADDS) member, we are committed to making recycling easier for our customers.
Recycling with us is simple, and you won’t find any hidden fees or charges and best of all
Recycling helps reduce waste in landfills by diverting materials from those facilities—saving energy needed for incineration or landfill expansion, and conserving natural resources such as water and air quality.
Recycling also prevents contamination of surface waters like rivers, lakes, streams, and oceans—a severe threat due to an estimated 1 billion metric tons of waste dumped into the world’s waters each year through littering, runoff from construction sites, and landfills, oil spills, and other sources.
It reduces costs.
When you recycle at Staples, you get paid cash back on all eligible items purchased.
What Are the Benefits of Recycling With Staples?
Recycling is one of the most important ways to help protect the environment.
Staples has been a leader in recycling since its inception, and we’re proud to continue that legacy.
Here are some of the environmental benefits of recycling with Staples:
- Reduces waste: Recycling paper reduces your carbon footprint and saves resources like electricity and water.
- Helps protect wildlife: Paper can be recycled into new paper products, which make excellent nesting materials for birds and other wildlife habitats.
- Helps keep landfills from filling up: When you recycle at your local Staples store, you can help prevent unwanted materials from being buried in landfills or sent overseas for reprocessing rather than recycled.
Legal Policies on How to Dispose of Staples Through The Programs
The Staples Rewards program allows customers to earn rewards points on purchases, which they can use for free or discounted items.
The Staples Rewards program is not limited to just one product; it includes all kinds of products, from office supplies and equipment to home appliances and office furniture.
The program also consists of items used for work purposes, such as computers, printers, scanners, and more.
Staples offers two-point programs: the Staples Rewards program and the Staples Easy Returns program.
These two programs are very similar but have some differences as well.
For example, the rewards points earned through the Rewards program cannot be redeemed for cash back at Staples locations like those in stores or online through its website.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many items can I recycle?
The amount is limited by the size of your recycling bin and our resources.
We suggest you use a wide container to hold all your recyclables in one trip.
Consider using multiple bins to put smaller items in one compartment and more oversized items in another.
How do I join the Staples Recycle Program?
The process of joining is simple: bring your unwanted items to any Staples store in the United States and drop them off at any desk.
Earn points through participating stores.
Can I place my recyclables out for pickup on my own?
Please visit our website at www.staplesrecyclingprogram.com for more information on scheduling or arranging pickup by a third-party service provider such as Waste Management Inc., Republic Services Inc, etc.
Utilizing the Staples Recycling Program will allow you to recycle and trade in your old office equipment, such as desktop computers, laptops and monitors, printers, copiers, fax machines, and smaller items like keyboards, mice, and power cords as well.
The Staples Recycling Program is a universal service available to any business entity or individual who wishes to participate.
The program allows you to use the value of your returns towards your new equipment purchases at any Staples location across the United States.