If you have used Sonos speakers for some time, you’ll agree that their products deliver a robust experience when listening to music or streaming your favorite movies.
That said, what do you do with an old Sonos speaker you no longer use?
Do you just throw it away? Well, that’s where the Sonos recycling program comes in.
The Sonos recycling program is a unique initiative launched by the company to help users safely and responsibly dispose of old Sonos products they no longer use.
In today’s guide, we will walk you through everything you need to know about the Sonos recycling program, including how it works and how you can participate.
You’ll also learn what happens to your old Sonos speakers when you take them for recycling.
If you’re looking for a sustainable way to get rid of your old Sonos speakers, you’re welcome to read today’s guide, as it has all the information you’re looking for and more.
What does the Sonos recycling program do?
As we mentioned right from the onset, the Sonos recycling program is a unique initiative aimed at helping customers safely and conveniently dispose of old Sonos speakers they no longer use.
If you have an old Sonos speaker you’d like to be recycled, all you need to do is contact the company, and they will send you a prepaid shipping label.
Once you send your item to them, the company responsibly recycles it.
The objective of the Sonos recycling program is to ensure that the company’s products are disposed of in an environmentally responsible way.
By participating in the Sonos recycling program, you are contributing your quota in helping to reduce the amount of electronic waste that ends up in landfills.
Whats accepted in Sonos recycling program?
The items currently accepted by Sonos for recycling are limited.
During our research, we discovered that the company only accepts old Sonos speakers for recycling. Even at that, the product has to be original.
So if you have a knock-off, you might not be able to recycle it via the Sonos recycling program.
|Accepted Items||Not Accepted Items|
|Sonos speakers and subwoofers in any condition||Non-Sonos electronics such as TVs, computers, or gaming consoles|
|Sonos Connect, Connect:Amp, and Port devices||Non-Sonos speakers or soundbars|
|Sonos One, Play:1, Play:3, Play:5, and Beam||Batteries or hazardous waste|
|Sonos Boost, Bridge, and other networking equipment||Damaged or broken items not made by Sonos|
|Sonos accessories such as stands and mounts||Items without a power cord or adapter|
|Items with missing parts or components|
Do you get any incentives for recycling your Sonos speakers?
The Speaker giant Sonos currently offers customers a 30% discount on new products.
To enjoy these discounts, you need to recycle your old Sonos speakers.
By offering customers a 30% discount on new products- an incentive for recycling old Sonos Speakers, the company believes it is playing an active role in ensuring that electronic devices are responsibly disposed of.
How does the Sonos recycling program work?
The Sonos recycling program is easy to follow.
For those interested in knowing how the program works, here is all you need to know:
- First, you need to visit the official Sonos website and navigate to their recycling page.
- Here, you’ll need to enter your details, including the serial number of the Sonos speaker you want to recycle
- After providing the necessary information, the company will verify if your speaker is genuine, after which they will send you a prepaid shipping label.
- With that done, you need to neatly package your speaker in the original packaging it came with. If you no longer have that, you can use another sturdy box. The label you got will be attached to the package.
- Finally, drop the package off at the nearest FedEx location.
When the company receives your speaker, they send it to the appropriate department for onward recycling.
Note: The company offers a 30% discount on a new Sonos speaker.
So in case you need to upgrade, you can do so without spending a fortune.
What are the perks of participating in the Sanos recycling program?
Tons of benefits come from participating in the Sonos recycling program.
Here, take a look at some of them:
- It is environmentally responsible: When you participate in the Sonos recycling program, you’re playing your part in reducing the amount of electronic waste that ends up in landfills. By recycling your old Sonos speakers, you are helping to protect the environment.
- It’s easy: Participating in the Sonos recycling program is pretty straightforward. The company sends you a prepaid shipping label which you need to place on the package you are mailing to them.
- Enjoy fantastic discounts: For participating in the Sonos recycling program, the company typically offers customers a 30% discount when buying new Sonos products. This option allows you to upgrade to the latest Sonos speaker model without paying much.
If you have old or unwanted Sonos speakers you no longer need, you can simply send them to Sonos for responsible recycling.
Thanks to the company’s comprehensive recycling program, old Sonos speakers no longer have to end up in landfills.
And the cool thing about the recycling program is that the company offers a 30% discount on new products.
So if you want to upgrade to the latest Sonos speaker without spending a fortune, you can simply send in your old speakers for a chance to enjoy this awesome discount.
What happens to your old Sonos speaker when you send it for recycling?
When you send in your old Sonos speaker for recycling, the company sends it to the appropriate department, whose responsibility it is to have it recycled.
During the recycling process, the company removes all the essential components, such as plastics and metals.
And yes, they also dispose of hazardous materials such as batteries in a responsible way.
The company also partners with e-waste recycling companies to ensure hazardous materials are correctly disposed of according to regulatory requirements.
What Items does Sonos accept for recycling
The items currently accepted by Sonos for recycling include speakers, amps and more.
Also, remember that the company double-checks the items to ensure they are genuine.
For recycling items, the company typically offers customers a 30% discount on new products.
Can I recycle my Sonos Speaker even if it is not working?
Whether your Sonos speaker is working or not, it will be accepted for recycling by the company.
So there is nothing to be worried about.